Time for a round-up of my faves from the week.
I haven’t actually carved pumpkins yet. This is a throwback. My trees only have faint traces of color here and there and that specific tree is still bright green
cooler weather has arrived!
Also Miss Sunshine’s birthday is tomorrow and this photo reminds me that I have to travel to a haunted farm and try not to cry while we walk through it.
I’ve been working at cleaning up my photo files. My startup disk is already full on my mac. I know that I need to move all my photos to an external hard drive, but it seems so scary. I don’t want to lose them in the process. Adding Lightroom is on my list, but I need to sift through old photos first because my computer is extremely sluggish.
The fun part about sifting through photos is when you stumble upon ones that you’d forgotten about. This photo was from this past summer. It was taken when we visited the North Carolina Aquarium in Fort Fisher.
Most of the week has been spent trying get the house presentable enough for company. There were some highlights of the week though:
- Miss Sunshine had a good soccer week
- Big Mr. was inducted into the BETA Club.
- Mr. D finished driving school. Next month he’ll be able to drive on his own.end.
- I had to have a vein looked at that was causing me pain when running. There wasn’t a blood clot. Yay!
- My cousin had his baby. It was a boy! The Aunt who travelled with me to Scotland is now a grandma!
- My meditation is still going strong. I find myself using different mantras that I’ve learned in the challenge. Like whenI awake at night or to keep my mind focused when I’m running or when I’m frustrated.
The colder weather really challenges my body to remain warm. I’ve taken to having a cup of tea in the afternoon. Some days I enjoy the teas that I brought home from Scotland. On other days, I enjoy my Yogi teas. I love that they have a little message on the tea bag. The one that I’ve been drinking recently is a Berry Detox.
Do you have a favorite flavor of tea?
The song that I’ve chosen this week came up on my recommended list. I think it’s because I watch the TV show The Vikings. Given that I’ve been going through Game of Thrones withdrawals, I’m excited that the next season of The Vikings starts at the end of November.
What were some highlights from your week?
I hope that you all have lots of love and light come your way this coming week.
Let your light shine!